Week 11 (Sem 6)

 Week 11

I have looked for case studies that might help with my project

especially my programming part



Here are two case studies, 1st is the PG gold museum, which is the museum located in Penang that mimics the situation in gold mining, also allowing visitors to experience the work of the miners


 2nd is the gold museum in New Taipei City, this place is very close to the concept of my project. It has rich historical, cultural, and natural resources. This museum contains many different activities as well as joining local culture and heritage. Visitors could hike at the unique gold mining historical sites and settlements and the also remaining few Japanese buildings built during the colonial era.


So for my programming, I would like to deliver the old method of gold mining, it probably would fade away in the future,  because it causes side effects for people. Besides that also could educate them about the side effects. So as mentioned before the most famous gold mining location is Bukit Koman, so could bring the local foods or the heritage to the museum.


So I have chosen two places that possibly could place the museum, 1st is this, Dewan Jubli Perak, it is a large general-purpose hall, it houses the machineries of the state government, including Mentari Besar's office, State Assembly Hall, and Silver Jubilee Hall. The place is not crowded as used to be, so the idea is to attract more visitors who come to this place where nearby the downtown.



2nd location is the Raub Rest House where is not operating anymore. It used to be very famous during the 2010s. It is an old colonial building, it matched the idea of my museum and it is an individual building. Also it nearby the downtown as well.


The final one, also very close to the other two sites. I think the Public library not really fit my building concept, but the purpose of the library and my project are sorts similar which is to deliver knowledge to the public. 


评论